Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Stairway in time

Once in a muggle land
It was past bed time
I came upon a stairway
Which started out fine
But climbing further still
Something rang a bell
No, it wasn’t the strange guest
Nor the usual ghost -
But the magic wand, silly, that surprised me most
I thought I’d be Ginny
Coz I like her best
Red hair is cool to me
Maybe I’ll give it a test
But the stairway stopped me there
Said I had no scar
So I turned Gin to Harry
Maybe I’d get to fly a car
I was Harry and Harry was he
Up and up he climbed
Till I saw no Dumby’s office
But a lamp-post in time
Shoot, its Narnia!, thought I
But Harry, Harry being he
Set to look out for signs
But all he found standin alone
Was a pretty fawn with a tail behind
I flicked my wand
Not a molecule changed
I could be a wracklespurt tryin
Now don’t ask me what that is
If I’d known I’d put it in a line
Oh my god! I hyperventilate
I dunno Narnia at all
I knew I should’ve attended reading
And not slunk off last fall
Like I care, I walked
Making faces at the two beavers fine
Looked like they were giving me a glare
Yeah, maybe I wrote Frankenstein
It seemed I was in Funnyland
Where creatures nudged and ‘talked’
If I hurried fast enough
The path would wind and stop
I walked and ran and limped
And again began human walk
Till I realised, ahead rushed a waterfall
Jumped and swam
Dived and ducked
Where could this be going at all?
Then it stopped
Right o’er there
In the middle of a tree
And I was spat out of the hollow for everyone to see
My wand was lost
I looked found
My family was circling me around
“Lets go watch Narnia in theatre downtown”
“...And catch a preview of Potter”
I’ve seen both if you don’t mind,But what you must see is Rapid Water

No comments: